

My weekend with the ladies was indeed wonderful. We laughed and cried and talked about everything under the sun and deep within our hearts. It was the perfect salve for my happy but weary soul.
And that's the thing: I've read a good bit of "mom" literature lately that pointed out that it's okay to admit that you're not happy in your current office of "mom". That's true, and I'm glad that I read those books and asked myself lots of tough questions. But you know what? I am happy. I do love all this mom stuff. I am one of those girls who was born for domestication.
I'm just tired. (Mom, hope you appreciate that!) Really, really tired. My heart is red and swollen with happiness, and it is everyday breaking and aching with love for my husband and our babies. But when I feel myself wearing down to the bone from the chronic burden of the mundane, I need to remember to step back, perhaps fill my office with a temp, and take a dadgum breather.
I heard this song a couple weeks ago, and it slapped a huge smile on my face. Love the country music! I didn't quote it exactly, so you'll have to go youtube or itunes it to hear the whole thing. It's hilarious--as long as it doesn't make you sad. ;)
Boney Fingers - by Hoyt Axton
Oh! the clothes need washin' and the fire won't start
Oh! the clothes need washin' and the fire won't start
Kids all cryin' and you're breakin' my heart
Whole darn place is fallin' apart
Maybe things'll get a little better, in the mornin'
Maybe things'll get a little better.
Work your fingers to the bone - whadda ya get?
( Whoo-whoo ) Boney Fingers - Boney Fing-gers.
Yea! I've been broke as long as I remember
Get a little money and I gotta run and spend 'er
When I try to save it, pretty woman come and take it
Sayin' maybe things'll get a little better, in the mornin'
Maybe things'll get a little better.
Refrain:Yea! the grass won't grow and the sun's too hot
The whole darn world is goin' to pot
Might as well like it 'cause you're all that I've got
But, maybe things'll get a little better, in the mornin'
Maybe things'll get a little better.
Tomorrow, I'll have to share my sob story about how it took me and Ladybug 12 hours to get from Nashville to Boston--by plane.

No comments:
Post a Comment