Every night at bedtime we sing his songs and say our I Love You's. Lately, he's returning our I Love You's with a smirk and a, "No, I don't!" Just to be contradictory. For no other reason whatsoever. (For the loooongest time, every single one of his verbal responses started with "No" even if it was followed by, let's say, "Yes, I would love ice cream and cookies instead of bedtime!" Always "No.")
And so, the other day I wanted to try out my little theory that his dislike for his own parents is just an exercise in obstinacy and not a result of our great and immense failings as parents. It went something like this:
Me: I love you so much.
Him: No, I don't!
Me: So, you don't love me.
Him: Yes, I do!
Me: So, you do love me.
Him: No, I don't.
Me: Are you funny?
Him: No, I'm not!
Me: Are you sweet?
Him: No, I'm not!
Me: Does Mommy love you?
Him: No, you don't!
Me: So, I don't love you.
Him: Yes, you do!
And so on and so on... (And, yes, he could go on all day.)
In other news, sweet Ladybug is fussy. Either she's teething or in the shuffle of recent busyness she's not getting fed. Only kidding, Mom. (sort of) No, really, I think she's getting some big ones back there. The girl is growing!! She's finally gettin' some thighs worth squeezing. Love me some baby fat.

Li'l Bit is on cloud 9! Today we had a play date with "Lauren & Sophia & all their brothers" (they have two.) She has been requesting this play date for weeks. And tomorrow--and I haven't told her yet--we're playing with Vanessa, with whom she has also been requesting an audience.

here, she is anxiously awaiting the cutting of Ladybug's birthday cake

this is Jill. our favorite midwife-friend in the whole entire world. she delivered Gizmo and Ladybug and has changed our lives.
the loot from digging in the backyard

I love you moma! Thank you for nurturing my friendship with Lauren & Sophia and all of their two (at the time) brothers!
ReplyDelete-l'il bit
Delete