20100803

Gizmo The Grouch


My little blondie is pretty good at The Grump. (And the Little Rascal is getting pretty good at it herself. See below.) If he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed...forget it. The day is done. All bets are off. Gloom and doldrums all around. If we're lucky an absolute expert can revive his dejected heart and bring a smile to his face. Inconveniently, that expert is more times than not his older sister. This is inconvenient because, even though she's not the Grump that he is, she is very willful. To put it in her own words--she'd have it no other way--"I do what I do, and I do what I say." Amusingly, she thinks this is the line that will end all arguments in her favor. Well, it certainly ends the argument, but in the opposite of her favor. Anyway, if she's in the mood to help out, she can talk sense into him.

Prime example:
During lunch today Gizmo was being borderline aggressive. He was mostly happy, but I believe he was toying with the idea of being mean. So after he informed me that he was going to throw me out the window--with that adorable half-smile--Li'l Bit explained to him in all seriousness,
"But, Brother, you're going to change your mind about things. Cause one day you'll grow older and get married and your kids will say the same things as you do."

Oh, the wisdom of a five year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment