20120525

Shoulda', Woulda', Coulda'

I should be having a baby this week.  Instead I've been bed-ridden with the World's Worst Migraine.  Just another physical marker of a month with no baby to show for it.  Totally depressing, right? 
Well, whatever.
I've cried enough this week.  And I'm sure there are more tears to come this weekend.
But right now I'm drowning myself in thankfulness. (And there may or may not be a glass of wine involved.)  I'm thankful my two, beautiful girlfriends ARE having their healthy babies this week.  I'm thankful my crazy kids are healthy Cain Raisers.  I'm thankful my husband doesn't seem to mind having a high maintenance wife.  I'm thankful for wonderful sister-friends, because sometimes I really do miss my sisters.  I'm thankful my mom will be visiting soon, and we'll traipse around the city together.  And last, but certainly not least, I'm thankful for food.  Having yummy Indian delivered tonight!
Unlike this week, last week was not a total wash.  We had good lessons and lots of good reading and music--it's Vivaldi this month.  On Friday I took the kids to the Aquarium which they loved.  I loved that it was steps from Rose's Garden and Quincy Market.  But alas.  When given the choice my children chose "regular ice cream" over gelato.  I have failed as a mother.  Failed!  Granted the name of the establishment was "Sprinkles" which obviously influenced their decision.  Still, they should know better.  We need to spend more time with gelato this year.  We've got to get our priorities straight.  
On Saturday we took the kids to a fair, and they rode their first roller coaster and ferris wheel and had a BLAST!  I was on the ferris wheel.  I do not like being high.  In the air, that is.  (This week, I'd consider the other option.)  I focused on keeping the kids on their bottoms and myself from completely freaking out.  I succeeded (mostly) and we all had a good time.  After all the above activity, we spent a splendid Sunday at home just chillin' together.
I wish I could think of a funny kid story right now, but my brain has literally been in pain for three days.  So I'll just leave you guys with some goofy pictures to let you know we're still here and we're still smiling.





1 comment: