My darling Babydaddy drove us home tonight. From New Hampshire. In the snow. In a front wheel drive minivan. It's really not that big of a deal....except for all the horror stories and terrible fears my brain has entertained. Yeah, no big deal. I'm just so keyed up to be home--alive and completely thaw--that I need to update my blog when nothing interesting has happened lately.
I must say, though, this whole driving home in a snow storm thing is my dog's fault. I often take him along when we go to see our friends in NH. We're always gone for hours and hours, and I feel bad for him being alone all that time. But some days I just want to hang out with my friends without keeping an eye on our toddler-puppy. So I left him at home today when we headed north for a b.day party followed by a delightful dinner. The snow came a gully washer and we had to start our drive home. But, truly, we were not ready for the drive at all. Our friends told us we could stay, Ladybug was already asleep, we were all so warm and cozy in their big, beautiful, clean home. The ONLY reason we drove home, instead of taking up our friends on their offer, was our dog. Our dadgum dog. We couldn't stand the thought of him staying in his bed, all alone, with no one to let him out to potty. So we packed up our sleepy, precious children and headed home in the type of weather you avoid. You know, of course, every time we'd see a car stuck in the median, headlights facing the wrong direction, B.daddy would say, "This is when I hate having a dog." And I love that about him. He loves the dog I made him get so much, that he hates it.
Christmas was good. B.daddy has been working extra hard during extra hours, and I've been keeping things afloat at home. So we're both exhausted. But I am thankful that I have a man who is a man who will work his fingers to the bone for his family. This week of Christmas has been awesome. He took a week of vaca from Job #1, and only had a few days at Job #2. Our kids are old enough now that we can actually sleep in a bit. (I NEVER thought I'd say those words!!! *Angels singing*) Excepting Christmas morning, we've slept till eight or nine. There was one day when they actually let me sleep till ten--or was it eleven? Either way, it was pretty dang awesome. Next week is technically a school vacation week, but B.daddy's going back to work, and I know the kids and I need to get back into a routine. Ugh. If only everyday could be vacation....without me turning into an overgrown louse. If only.


No comments:
Post a Comment