First off, the scale says less than five pounds, my belly says ten. Mama looks pregnant! I am astounded at the number of strangers who will inquire about my pregnant status. I won't even ask a woman with a huge, eight month belly for fear of hurting her feelings. But here I am at four measly months, and my grocery clerk wants to know if I'm having a boy or a girl! And if it doesn't come up, Li'l Bit will volunteer the information. She is very excited. (That is an understatement.)
Second, I'm still nauseous. At 16 weeks. It has never lasted this long. I'm pretty worn out with it, but I'm also just so dadgum happy that I'm still pregnant--and feeling some movement!! It's hard to complain when there's a HUMAN growing inside of you--a human who will come out so warm and sweet and beautiful and utterly edible! However positively-minded I am, I am very limited. Rarely can I venture far from home. As school responsibilities quickly approach I must batten down the hatches and dedicate ANY energy and well-being to the education of my kiddos and-if we're really lucky-hanging with my man.
Finally, I am glad this, my hardest pregnancy yet, has come at this point in my life. I have three amazing kiddos who make me want so badly to make even more of them. Also, I know how terrible a miscarriage feels. There is nothing that could make me wish my pregnancy woes away. I understand that woes are a part of it. With knowledge and wisdom come pain and sorrow. With pregnancy and babies come nausea and exhaustion--and a whole lot more! As I said earlier, I'm feeling the baby's tiny flutterings and bumps and those are always the sweetest reminder that every single discomfort is worth the reward at the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment