This is where we went...

If you are ever looking for a good B&B in Maine: go to the 1802 House Inn (Kennebunkport.) It was perfect! The York room was our fav--very simple, sweet, and affordable. And it still had a jacuzzi tub. A clean, sweet-smelling, historical house with great innkeepers and a three-course breakfast. Wonderful!
Now enough about the inn. B.daddy and I had such a wondeful time. By the time we drove into Kennebunkport we were just ogling at all the large lawns that smelled of--brace yourselves--grass, and homes that seemed to house the most laid back lives. Just breathing in that Maine air calmed all our nerves and made us a little loopy. What a wonderful feeling! So, we had a delicious dinner, went to bed without first putting three other people to bed, woke up relatively late, ate breakfast without first feeding three other people, and drank our coffee HOT!! Saturday before heading home we drove down Route 1 toward Ogunquit (woot woot!) and stopped in all our favorite antique and junk stores. I got a nearly-first-edition copy of both Little Women and Little Men--both is immaculate condition, along with some other great books and a few little things for the kids. Then we had the annual Wild Willies burger and drove all the way home. :)
My mom and the kids were great, of course. The kids were perfect angels, of course--because I wasn't there to witness it! And my mom didn't look nearly tired enough. ;) Well, she did raise four girls.
Okay, back to reality...and a cold cup of coffee. (and three beautiful people ready to be molded.)
I'm just saying...I'm jealous. :( But I'm glad ya'll had a good weekend and I can only imagine how much you needed it since you have one more kiddo than we do. :)
ReplyDeletewe were in ogunquit this weekend too!!! too bad we didn't bump into each other at the little shops, that would have been crazy! of course we didn't have a lovely babysitter so still no "uninterrupted sleep through the night" but do what you can! we decided to wait for wild willys in watertown (gives us an excuse for a date night)but the flavorful root beer was calling my name!
ReplyDeleteI love those original books! They are so beautiful!
ReplyDelete-l'il bit
Delete