20090705

Negotiations

Ross and Amanda hosted the gathering of the church tonight since Gizmo is as sick as a dog. B.daddy and Li'l Bit were able to go because they are apparently immune. So, I sent dinner with them, consisting of barbecue chicken, potato salad, and homemade yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
B.daddy and Li'l Bit got home around nine, and of course the first order of business is that she had not eaten anything for dinner, therefore she could not have any cake.
Let the negotiations begin.
She stated that she didn't like the chicken, so I told her she could eat some potato salad and then she could have cake. As much as we've had this same conversation, she knew to clarify: "So, I'll have a tiny bit of potato salad--like one piece of potato."
"No, dear, that's not going to get you any cake," I said.
So, she walked over to where I was sitting, placed her hand on my leg, looked into my eyes, and said, "What will get me some cake?"

On a lucky night, that one might have gotten her some cake. But tonight she did not eat her potato salad, so she did not get any cake. Her last words to me as I was tucking her into bed were, "Okay, cake tomorrow. After I wake up."

2 comments:

  1. I have eaten every last bit of my potato salad since that day! Luv ya moma!

    ReplyDelete