20100112

Winter Blues

Life is weird and Winter is cold.
I had an epiphany today that Winter in the city, rather than the country, might just be 100 times harder to bear. And we actually love Winter. But when life gets hard a nice, long, warm day of bursting sunshine makes it just a little easier. Now when life gets hard the grime of city streets, grumpy faces, and the bleakness of the white sky make it just a little harder.
I was pep-talking myself in the van today: "It might be easier if you'd get out there and enjoy it, you lazy hoss!" (Yeah, great pep-talk, Self. Thanks.) But then Grace reminded me that I don't live on acres of beautiful, untouched land. I live on a tenth of an acre-half of which is paved. There aren't snow covered woods surrounding our house. There are hundreds of other houses. Grace reminded me that Winter is simply long and hard and it's not my fault.*
However, it is my lot.
It is what I make it.
For the rest of my life, I will have to make it through tough seasons, both physical and spiritual.
And that is where I am right now. A tough season, both physically and spiritually. But cliche as it is, life goes on. The kids are growing in every possible way. Li'l Bit is making amazing progress in all of her lessons. She wants to read everything in sight and the more we read together the more intimate our connection becomes. Gizmo is sweeter and more sensitive everyday! B.daddy is teaching him how to be a man, and he is so proud of the little man he already is. And Ladybug gets funnier every time I look at her. Her little face, her little smile! She is forming into the little girl soon to come.
*It's not my fault unless we start to consider original sin and the depravity of man and blah, blah, blah... ;)

And, oh have I've got cute pictures of the kids! We can always count on that.
Helping me make gingerbread cookies for our loved ones far away.
Ready to be picked up Early in the morning.
Sweet moments of pretend, just between Bubba and Sissy.
Daddy's always got their back when they want to play in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment