
My favorite person in the world has been traveling more than he ever has and more than he'll ever have to again...hopefully. Constant, week after week traveling. Despite the best efforts of the only three ladies I'll actually trust with my children, I was on my own a lot. Lonely a lot, in a strange Twilight Zone bubble. But, finally his last trip was over. We didn't know exactly what job he'd go back to, but at least he was home.
Thirty-six hours later I left for Arkansas. I spent a glorious weekend taking care of my oldest sister and her brand new baby girl. I had an amazing time accomplishing task after task and enjoying glorious real-life conversation without interruption. But still I did not know if my earth-bound provider would have a new, better job awaiting him. I started to wonder what I was going home to.
After eight hours of exhausted, tear soaked travel and one very scary landing I am home.
My rainy, dirty, cold Boston.
I'm home.
Me, my babies, my husband. We're all here and no one is leaving.
Finally news of the job comes down the line, and I breathe a sigh of relief. My hands set to work. I nest, I nurture, I am so happy to be home. I'm so grateful to know the plan laid immediately before our feet. His Mercy is easy on my temperament.
This life can seem just so stinking hard sometimes. And so pointless. It can be freezing, cold suffocating. I am so thankful for our Oasis. Home, love, life, loud kids, baking. And not just the five of us. Even more Purpose: To see our Oasis of people Sunday night and fill their tummies up with Love Food! To be reminded. We are here to be with our family.
But my heart wrenches within. I just left my sisters on the Arkansas ground five days ago! I craned my neck to hold onto those last seconds of nearness as the plane pulled me up. Away.
Still we are here to be with our family. We city urchins have found a warm place to dwell. A safe place to love. A table always set with a hot meal. We have found shelter.
As silly as it sounds in a cold, rain soaked city, we have all found our Oasis.

And I chuckle as I imagine Clint and Bob riding camels.
Two visits in less than 60 days spoiled us. We love you. :)
ReplyDelete