20100712

In The Summer, In The City

I must give my parents credit for the fact that I know the lyrics to Summer in the City. They wouldn't let us listen to popular music as kids. We could only listen to oldies. Apparently the music of the 60's and 70's was super wholesome.
Ahem.
Well, even if they selfishly made us listen to their music because "it's not as bad as what they play these days" I am eternally grateful that I was raised on good music and not pop. I mean, what was good in the 80's and 90's? Debbie Gibson? To this day I absolutely abhor pop.

On that note, my mom was up recently to visit me. Scratch that. To see her grand kids. Usually when either of our moms comes up we'll pick her up from the airport, drop her and the kids off at the house, and disappear for three days. So, this one time it was nice to take care of her instead of the other way around. (Sorry, Vall. :) Your next-next trip, we'll take care of you.)
I got to bake for her! Holla! And we took her to a few really cool places special to New England. All in all, it was such a grand weekend, and as we were exiting the airport Li'l Bit said, "It's just not the same without Shermee." (Followed by sobs only an Alford Girl could conjure up.)
So here are some pictures from all the fun we had together:

Mom got Gizmo this hat at the Wenham Museum. (They have an AWESOME train room!)

I looooved baking for her! So fun.

Goofing off for the camera.

We took her down into the city, and the kids wore their new Shermee-bought outfits.

Fun times on the carousel--Ladybug loved it! Oh, she's just getting so big!


We went to the North End for a ridiculously good Italian dinner--and of course one last stop at Caffe Vittoria for dessert. The waitress taught the kids how to say "Gi-LAH-to" like real Italians. :)

And even though we had no towels or extra clothes, we just had to let the kids play in the fountains. They loved it!

Every single warm day I'm constantly stocking up memories. I keep telling myself, "Remember this when it's been 15 degrees for two weeks. This is worth it."

1 comment:

  1. I remember those outfits with joy, those sprinklers were a highlight I will never forget for the rest of my lifetime!
    -l'il bit

    ReplyDelete