20101115

As The Leaves Fall

This season is certainly being true to form. We have been delightfully busy with family, cooking, cleaning, work, activities, lessons, play dates, etc. And this week we are gearing up for even more!

Our visit with Nana and Grandpa was absolutely wonderful; what a blessing to have had them in our home! Also, our visit with The Long Lost Hunt Family was glorious. (I'm quickly running out of synonyms for delightful.) It was such an encouragement to our hearts to be near Doug and Shelley, and all the kiddos played so well together. Basically our kids were on Cloud 9 throughout the entire month of October.

Believe it or not I did actually get a little pumpkin-ed out. I guess when you become infatuated with anything (or anyone) and obsess over it and manipulate it and devour it, you're bound to get bored. (Draw profound analogy to failed relationships in past.) I must admit I was a little disappointed in myself when October 31 rolled around and I had an unopened can of pumpkin in the cabinet--and no aspirations to turn it into something delicious; it's still sitting there. I'll get the pumpkin itch again, and it'll just have to keep until then.

In the midst of all of this delightful, wonderful, great, glorious chaos, we have still had several opportunities to sneak away, just the five of us, and enjoy our city in this beautiful season. And I must say, That is no small thing for this young family!

Breaking in our new boots "Mountain Climbing":

Daddy was throwing armfuls of leaves into the air for the kids to enjoy.

And they were enjoying it. :)

Making a Leaf Angel. It was actually a very convincing Leaf Angel.

My little buddy for this day's excursion. We did a lower level of mountain climbing than the other spider monkeys.

The most fun daddy ever!

1 comment:

  1. The most fun daddy and unsurpassed mommy and daddy ever.

    ReplyDelete