20110101

Crazy People, We Are

Earlier this week we sent out an email to most of our friends and family. (I say most, because my husband sent it out, and I never can know if he got every single person I would choose.) :) Out of sheer laziness I'm copying the email here. (I did author it after all. ;) I'd love to go into all the details and plans, but that would be boring for all of you honkey tonks not involved or vested. And I'd also love to go deep into how I'm feeling about this decision right now, but that would be a little too personal via blogspot. Especially since I reserve that right for my husband, and my husband alone. So, let's just leave it at: I'm excited and I'm sad. But I'm not worried.

Dearest Friends~

We have some very exciting news to share with you.

B has been offered a great opportunity at work. For nine months he will be a part of a nationwide training program implementing major process changes for his department. Eight of these months will involve a good bit of travel, so we have come up with a hair~brained idea. During these eight months S and the kids will "visit" our family in Arkansas, and when B is not traveling he will be with the family in Arkansas. B's mom's house will be our temporary home until this project is over. He will then return to his current position, and we will return to New England together.

We will end our lease at the end of February, moving all our worldly goods into a storage unit nearby. We will pack our clothes, a few toys, and our school books and drive the van down to AR. And when all is said and done, we will return to New England moving all our possessions from storage into a more hospitable home for which we will be praying fervently!

We have considered all the risks and sacrifices of such a Life Shift. We have also sought wise counsel and prayed a lot. Though our hearts are heavy when we think of what--and who--we will be missing, we feel confident that this is the transition we have been prepared for.

Despite some of the bleaker realities, we also see this as a great opportunity in many ways:
~This will be good for B's career. What an amazing story of how God has used B's career at Liberty Mutual to provide for our family-both getting us to Boston and keeping us here. This seems to be the next chapter in that story.
~During B's travel S will have plenty of help and company. Plenty. ;)
~We will have eight months to save every penny that would normally go toward rent and utility bills. We still dream of owning a home in this crazy-expensive place!
~What a rare opportunity for our extended family to be near our kids! We may never live close to our extended family, so we see this as such a gift for all parties involved.

We would certainly appreciate your prayers. We realize this is a major undertaking and are praying that our family unit will come out at the end stronger, wiser, and more faithful to our Father and each other. We have been focusing our time and attention on becoming a family of worship, and we intend to maintain that focus.

Thank you for your support and affection~
B&S

No comments:

Post a Comment