20110110

It Can't Possibly Be That Easy



Relocating is not easy. I knew when we started this whole ordeal it would take a lot of presence of mind and perseverance.
Sure enough.
No need to bore you with the details, but we got new information today that forced us to change some of our logistical plans. The bare bones of what we're doing for the next 8 months are the same. But we've had to rearrange our moving and driving schedule a tad. Not a big deal, right? Well, then you've never planned anything with me. Actually, that's very probable, because I'm such an obsessive planner that I hate to share planning responsibilities. Except with other obsessive planners. Anyway, we got this info today and it's really not that big of a deal. But to me? It is. Thankfully, my husband is amazingly sensitive to my...sensitivity, and we formulated a new plan that I can be at peace with.
Already, we're learning. I thought that maybe after the second or third month, we'd encounter difficulties that would require us to employ all our very best attributes. Actually, six weeks prior you encounter circumstances that require the exact same things! Go figure. So, it's good. It may not be the easiest 8+ months of our lives. But it's good.

What is stupidly easy, though? This recipe! My Nana got me this particular cookbook when I got married, so I've had it for 7 1/2 years. I only recently found this recipe within. And it is to. die. for. You have to try it!

Toffee Bars
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 cups butter, softened (yeah. that's 4 sticks.)
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 oz. bag of chocolate chips

1) Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg yolks & vanilla. Add flour & salt. Press into greased 9x13 inch pan.
2) Bake @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned. The texture will be soft.
3) Remove from oven to cooling rack. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top until softened, then spread evenly. While still warm cut into desired size bars. These puppies are delectable, so you can make them small and make them go a loooong way!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I'd like to throw in a few chopped pecans...but, either way...

    ReplyDelete