20120722

For the Mamas and Papas

For all you Mamas and Papas and Anyone who has cared unconditionally for the needs of little ones....

(For the rest of you: you will be grossed out and not understand how I could let myself do what I do in the following story.)

The kids and I had a wonderful day at the beach last week.  It was cool and overcast with low waves.  The kids had a blast in the sand!  They were covered from head to toe.  At one point I looked over at Li'l Bit and she was literally rolling around like a dog, giggling.  So, as soon as we got home they each took a very thorough shower.
Gizmo was the last to get clean, and I observed most of his showering skills to be quite impressive.  I mean, he washed his feet twice with soap and a rag.  I thought the coast was clear.  When I got him out of the shower and wrapped the towel around him, I pulled a Mom.  A big one.  I ran my finger between his booty cheeks to make sure he'd gotten all the sand out.  And I asked, "Did you get all the sand out of here?"  
His nonchalant response: "Huh. I forgot to wash in there."
I took the next shower.


These are photos from a different beach trip.  They still got all wet and sandy even though they were fully dressed.















No comments:

Post a Comment