On Saturday night, Stac took me out for my birthday. (Yes, I'm still accepting gifts, cash, checks, and money orders.) We ate at P.F. chang's downtown, and then wandered into:

where I found two beautiful books:

Iola Leroy, or Shadows Uplifted, by Frances E. W. Harper

& Will Mrs. Major Go To Hell? by Aloise Buckley Heath
I can't wait to read them!! Ah, I love used book stores--and the promise of a book not yet read.
Then we went to see:

...and laughed till our cheeks ached. I love me some Harry Shearer--I want to adopt him as an uncle or something.
Then Sunday morning our family headed to the beach in Nahunt for Brad's baptism. (Yes, he braved the arctic Atlantic!) It was such an amazing moment to share as a family.

...praying over Brad...

On the way back to our caravan, we stopped by a park to let the kids exhaust themselves. Just as sweet as Brad's baptism is seeing our family play together.


Also, HUGE news: Sunday night we turned Gizmo's crib into a big boy bed!! He's been doing really well with it. Testing the limits but (usually) respecting boundaries.
After B.daddy and I got our tired kids to bed we watched a movie together, which we really don't get to do often enough.

And yesterday we spent our Memorial Day chillin' in the 'hood and our backyard. Deese (yes, he does exist) and clint and Shelley came to cook out, and the kids got filthy dirty. Imagine ice cream fingers dipped in dirt then mud then dirt again then handling worms... And then they wanted to cuddle. I can't refuse a cuddle even if they were disgusting. Ah, but it felt good to scrub them spotless in the tub!

And, now back to the daily grind.
However, I have a very exciting week ahead. I have cello class tonight, Boston Pops & John Williams tomorrow night, and then lots of fun planning our road trip to Kentucky next Tuesday/Wednesday. We are finally realizing the dream we began over a year ago: a reunion with the Baylors, Hunts, and Latimers. (the only other couples crazy enough to move up here in 2003!) We haven't ALL been together since October of 2005! Now we've gone from eight adults and half a baby ;) to eight parents and ten and a half kids! We are beyond excited to be with them!! (I am SO excited I can't even get stressed out about all the preparations I have to make! That's serious excitement--trust me.)
Alllsoooo, we get to stop by and see Sean and Dana on the road! Their apt. just happens to be the perfect halfway point along our eighteen hour road trip. Ah, long distance living. We haven't all been together since before they got engaged! We didn't even know they were falling in love when we saw them last. And then all of a sudden B.daddy was doing their wedding! (I was too pregnant to fly down.) So, I can't wait to see them together. Oh, wait, no: Dana spent last summer here and Sean came up to visit--that's the last time we saw them in person. :) I stand correcting myself, as usual.
Okay, enough details. My children are ready for some interaction, and I have a road trip to prepare for!! (Gizmo just came out of my bedroom and said, "Mm, yo' woom is a mess." Yes, my dear, it is.)
So glad you had such a good weekend! I'm excited that you guys will have a reunion. I hope it is a blessing and encouragement to all of you. :) Love you guys!
ReplyDelete