Li'l Bit had a wonderful day thoroughly exercising every girly bone in her body. She got to watch Act 1 since she was in Act 2. It was just like when I took her to see the opera. Every few minutes she'd look at me, giggle, and nuzzle her nose to mine. She was giddy with girly glee!




Of course, there was some drama to be had. One of the girls in her class got flowers at the end of the show. One of the girls--whose mother we did not meet until the show, because her nanny brought her to practise every week. It's very understandable then that her mother would want to make the most of her limited time and bring roses to the recital for her daughter. (And honestly, if we'd remembered we would have brought Li'l Bit flowers, because that's the sort of way we like to spoil our kids.) Li'l Bit didn't quite understand the whole concept of Well, I Get To Be With You Everyday And That Is Your Bouquet Of Flowers. She just wanted flowers. Period. Then I tried to get through to her that getting to take ballet and do a recital is a huge treat and something that she should appreciate--even without flowers. Well, eventually she managed to stop whining and pouting, so by the time we got home we could pick some of our roses for her as a gift and not something she had demanded. :) And let me tell you, she loved those roses!!
So, Happy Father's day to all. My poor husband...
Thankfully half of his Father's Day present took place last night. (Massage, shopping, cafe, etc.) He had a wonderful evening and I'm so glad he did. Becaaauuuse, I intended to give him all of today off too. He would have liked to go down to the Danish Pastry House first thing in the morning, but I asked (well, expected) him to stay home till we could take him out to lunch. Then he could go do whatever he wanted till our church came over tonight.
Lo and behold...
I got everyone and everything ready to go. I even woke Ladybug up from her nap. Then, as soon as I was about to say, "Let's load up!" I got a blind spot. I hoped to take my Rx fast and lay down fast, so the spot would go away and the migraine wouldn't be so bad. But as soon as I laid down it started hurting very badly. So, my sweet husband spent the rest of the day taking care of the kids and getting ready for our crew. :( He's a good man though, so he hasn't complained or teased or shown any sign of disappointment.
Oh, and I even forgot to sign his Father's Day card! I thought I had already done it, but when he opened it this morning--blank. Oh, dear.
And my father's card (as well as my father-in-law's) card is sitting on our hutch, all signed and addressed and ready to go. Except we're out of stamps. So Father's Day is a total botch for me...once again.
(Last year, I tried to let B.daddy sleep in and have the day off, but I was 9+ months pregnant and couldn't make it through ten minutes by myself. In tears I crawled into our bed telling him I needed him to get up and take care of the kids. :) Which, of course, he did without complaining.)

LOVE the recital pics. She is so beautiful! Sorry you got a migraine, that sucks. I've been having them on and off for the last 4 days or so but I think it must be the heat.
ReplyDelete