Girl, I'm afraid I didn't do a very good job of holding back today. My self-control slipped away--or perhaps I should be honest and say, I threw that dad~gum self-control in the trash!
I took the kids to the mall for lunch and play time. (Yes, it is actually getting chilly enough for that. Yikes.) So we were having a great time; it was wonderful to get out of the house for a bit. They ate a hearty Chick-fil-A meal and we headed to the play area (Momtopia, remember?)
Ladybug was SO excited! The girl loves to climb and run and giggle. She was the most precious thing ever, just running around and running back to snuggle with my leg and then running around again. Obviously, she can hold her own, so I was just watching from a safe distance. She had climbed up and gone down the slide several times, even though bigger kids would sometimes sneak by her or breathe down her neck. It was no problem for her. No stress. She was fine. Then, a little later on she returned to the slide and a boy of about five or six went by her and slid down before her. I didn't think too much of it, though I was watching her like a hawk. He looked a little aggressive. And then all of a sudden he turns around and pushes her off the top of the slide. She flies down on her back and I was in flight as well. She was SO upset. The girl is tough, and she was just bawling her eyes out. I swooped her up and stared at the kid and said, "No you did NOT," in my most acidic tone. Catching his mom's eye in the back ground I turned my focus to comforting the injured party, but I was so angry I was shaking for a very long time.
In the end I got control of myself. The kid's dad made him come apologize and I was able to say It's Okay and Thank you for apologizing. But I could tell I had scared him.
Also in the end, Ladybug was fine. I think it scared her and hurt her feelings just as much if not more than it hurt her body. Really, she's a tough girl. But it's the whole falling backwards at the hands of another person. The most suspenseful parts of movies are created from such things.
And just to tug at your heartstrings a little more, here's our sweet girl~ ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment