20091019

Ruthless

The ol' Ball and Chain told me to leave.
He kicked me out of the house for three nights. He thought I might need some "time to myself" and a little bit of "rest and relaxation." Well, whatever. I went. ;)
Last Friday, B.daddy got home and I hopped in the Honda and left! (And I left him with three hungry kids and no electricity.*) I drove to the Cape, where I had booked an amazingly affordable and luxurious hotel room. Then, to my delightful surprise they actually upgraded me to one of their loft suites! I had two full baths-one with a huge two person jacuzzi-, a king size bed, two floors, two t.v.'s, a patio--okay, I'll stop. Funny thing is, after I discovered my bounty I felt compelled to call B.daddy and have him and the kids come down. It just didn't feel right for me to have so much space all to myself when it would be the perfect space for all five of us. I got over that rather quickly.
My full intent was to do absolutely nothing but read, sleep, eat, and possibly shop for a new pair of jeans allll by myself. Check, check, check, and check!
Glorious silence ringing in my ears. Freedom to read all day, watch t.v. all night, and sleep all morning. One should not take a personal vacation of this nature often for it would surely make that person impossible to live with on account of her being a totally selfish, lazy fool. However, in moderation and with the right heart, this is was an ideal retreat for my weary mind and soul. My body didn't mind it too much either. I took a total of five soaks in that wonderful jacuzzi. And I'm turning into such a clean freak. I cleaned the tub six times.
I returned to the fold this beautiful Monday at noon, and relieved Stac of the care of my children. I've been cleaning and nesting and snuggling all afternoon. It is good to be back; and it is good to be here so fresh and relaxed. Patience is a virtue that for the weaker of the fold only seems to come about after indulgence in luxuries.
If I get time and remember to do so, I will post my reading list for the weekend. Five rather worthwhile books, I must say. Right now they are still packed in my suitcase and I'm not about to get off this couch to retrieve them just so I can get the authors' names right. My sweet Li'l Bit is laying beside me reading as I type, and I am rested enough to know you don't bring moments like this to a premature ending.
And Li'l Bit just informed me that she thinks I have said enough!

*There was some sort of underground explosion in our neighborhood and our house was without power for almost 24 hours. It came back on at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday morn. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment