20091003

What's For Dinner

I already have half of B.daddy's homecoming feast prepared. One of his favorite dishes is complete and in the fridge. The cheesecake is in the oven and almost done. And I'm sure I'll be making bread all morning long. He gets home tomorrow at 3 pm, and I can't stop my mind from jumping from task to task. It's not that the house needs to be in ship shape w/ dinner on the table as soon as he walks in. It's just that I'm not sure I can focus on anything that doesn't have to do with him getting home!
Yes, I'm tired. I've rarely felt such physical fatigue as what I've been feeling the last few days. (I was good till day 8. Day 9-and-on kicks my tail.)
Single moms: I salute you. It's not so much that it's tiring--it's lonely. More than the tiredness, more than the inescapable responsibility of parenting...I've just wanted someone to talk to! And not just anyone. I've been talking-more than usual-to all my nearest and dearest throughout the last week. But I want to talk to my husband. That's what I miss, and that's what I can't imagine doing without. I can't imagine going through one of the most--if not the most--demanding and complicated phases of human life without that one person who loves you more than anyone else and will listen to anything and everything and try to respond with gentleness and understanding. I know people do it all the time. There are moms and dads in every culture who have to hold their own--whether they're married or not. I'm just saying I am Dang Thankful for my husband; and I take neither him for granted nor the stamina people like my sister have to keep up just to get through every day and every night.

Some fun photos of the Daddy In Action:

halloween three years ago

his 33rd birthday party. i think ladybug might have actually been conceived on this night. sorry. too much info.
li'l bit and i spent a day in harvard square putting together his birthday present. (lots of fun things to do all by himself.) she was very excited for him to open his guide.

always so fun when they get to make things with him. in this he is infinitely more patient that i. i can hardly stand to let them "help me" with a cake mix, let alone build shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment