20091207

The Family That Eats Together Stays Together!


Our little family has been busy, busy, busy as usual. Yet, I feel like I have nothing remarkable to report as of this very moment. We're all just working hard and keepin' the love alive. And when we're not doing that we're EATING!! Tis the season, right?

Thanksgiving was a success. Amanda made half the food, and everything was so stinking delicious! Plus, it was a surprisingly relaxing day for all of us. Thankful indeed!

Here Gizmo is helping me brush the turkey with oil. He had some very interesting remarks about our edible dinner guest. At first he was commenting on how cute the "little guy" was; then he was distraught by the fact that the "little guy's" head had to be cut off in order for us to eat him; and not two seconds later he was excitedly proclaiming the fact that he was going to "EAT HIM!! Yum, yum, yum!"
Showing off the goods:
And despite her princess nature, Li'l Bit insisted she eat the "chicken leg." (By the end of the day I found it was impossible to say turkey--I kept calling it chicken too.) She gnawed on this thing a few times, but hardly put a dent in it.
The rest ended up in Sunday night's Turkey Salad, which I must say: Turkey Salad is SO the way to go with leftovers! I was eating it out of the container as if it were chocolate ice cream. (No, I'm not pregnant. I'm just a closet food fiend.)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I was thinking about your turkey on Thanksgiving. Never eaten it but I see pictures every year and it looks delish. I thought it was funny and random that I thought of that before Thanksgiving. Carrie Y and I actually had a discussion about it.

    How are you guys?

    ReplyDelete