Li'l Bit just asked me if she's ever going to get married, or if she'll stay single all her life. She has voiced desires in the past to stay single. Resisting the urge to keep pushing her in that direction until she's finished grad school, I said, "Well, that depends on two things: what the Lord has planned for you, and what you really want in your heart."
What followed was true, Li'l Bit monologue:
"Yeah, I'll definitely get married. There are just so many handsome men around me...."
--Note the "men" in her life are between the ages of 7 and 10.--
"I can't stay single with all these handsome men around. I'll pick the strongest and most handsome."
Thoughtful pause, rubbing the top of her hand.
"I wonder if I'll marry one with light skin or dark skin."
Giggling at her own question.
"I'm colorblind when it comes to skin. No, I can tell the color. I just don't care. As long as he's strong and handsome. I'll marry the most strong and handsome."
I didn't bother going into character and integrity. She's got B.daddy in her life. I don't think we'll ever have to tell her what sort of man to look for. She'll just know.

No comments:
Post a Comment