20121021

Compulsive Pumpkin



Every October I am overcome by a compulsion to put pumpkin in everything I make.  Even chili--it's soooooo good!  Yesterday I started baking and I simply could not stop.  (I bake the stress right out of my head. It's a coping mechanism.)  I made Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies and Pumpkin Yeast Bread.  I used the yeast dough to make monkey bread* as well as a little loaf that was supposed to look like a pumpkin.  My husband didn't know what it was supposed to be. :)
All the recipes are linked above if you want to try any of them.  I dare you to try the chili.  It has a surprising and delightful flavor.  I keep it mild so my kiddos can eat it without protest, but I'm sure you can pepper it up if you want to.

*For the monkey bread, I let the dough rise for an hour.  Then I punched it down and pulled out small rolls; I rolled those in sugar and cinnamon and put them in a greased bundt pan.  Then I made a basic brown sugar and spice syrup (brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, cream or milk; boil one minute--sorry I don't have measurements--just eye-balled it) to pour over the top.  I let it rise in the pan for about 20-30 minutes, then baked it @ 350 for a 55 minutes.  Then I inverted it on a cake plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment