I pray I will never stop bragging on my husband.
When we are at our lowest...in our greatest need, our beloved ones--be they spouse, sibling, parent, or friend--are at the greatest risk of disappointing us. But as I've learned with my most favorite beloved, if they do, in fact, disappoint, give them a day or two. Then have the balls--ahem--the humility to ask for help again. Then be truly humbled and amazed as they finally* hear your cry, come to your rescue, and protect you from all the forces of the world.
This is romance.
The sacred, sacrificial love God has so mercifully made available to us, through us, for Him.
My husband, my Father, my life.
"I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly." John 10:10
*Finally. What a beautiful word that is. With such distaste, and even disgust, do we think on waiting. But with such glorious release do we exclaim, "Finally!"
For nine months my body contorts with your creation, and "Finally!" this body releases your wet, blue body--warm, whole, alive.
For two years I impatiently wait for you to ask me that crucial question, and "Finally!" our hearts are One and will never be Two again.
For nearly twenty-seven years, my heart has swelled and ached with love and pain, and, "Finally!" You give me another tiny glimpse of Your Truth that, to me, is monumental. One, single part of Your Infinite Being changes my entire life. But can I even use those words? Tiny, single? Do those even apply?
No comments:
Post a Comment