
My girls. They amaze me.
On Friday I took the kids to the mall to blow off steam in their ingenious play area. (You know, "Momtopia" where I get to just sit there and watch them play.) So, I look around to spot them and make sure no one had escaped. When I spot Li'l bit she's on the opposite end of the area talking to a supervising father. But, no, that was not all. She was not only talking to a grown man as if he were her best friend; she was leaning over the wall of the play area introducing herself to any and all who passed by. And she wasn't even making a show about it. It was just a normal part of her day to talk candidly with people (much older people) she had never met before. I can only imagine...
"Hi, my name is Li'l Bit, would you like to take me home? My mommy keeps defining 'stranger' for me, but all I hear is 'blah, blah, blah.' Do you want me to tell you my address?"
We must learn to channel that energy, dear one.

Speaking of energy...
Ladybug started crawling this weekend. B.daddy saw she was about to figure it out, so he sat and helped her until she got it. I think he sees his athleticism in her and Gizmo, and he's always so eager to help them along. It's so sweet. She also somehow pulled herself up to a sitting position for the first time in her crib. The girl's development is leaving my head spinning this weekend! She's just fun. Just plain fun. She's always made me laugh, but I've started to notice that when strangers meet her, they laugh too. There's just something in her eyes that expresses laughter.

And our little guy. Oh, our poor little guy. He has more energy and bull-headedness than any of us could have imagined possible in such a sweet, sensitive boy. But, I guess it makes sense. He will be growing up between two very strong females. He's going to need all the testosterone in the world to counter those two forces of nature.
how old is ladybug now??? can't believe she's old enough to crawl already!! it's a shame we live in a world where our children can't be friendly to strangers :( (i totally understand you though - i wouldn't want jack doing it either! just makes me sad our world is so bad)
ReplyDeleteLove ya mom! You love us so much, and I have also learned not to talk to strangers. ;) I am so grateful for you, Moma. Never stop being the most amazing mom in the world!
ReplyDelete-l'il bit
Delete