Our weekend was awesome. We did an awesome amount of housework on Saturday only to find the house in an awesome wreck that afternoon. But we got to see our awesome friends Nathan and Kim Saturday afternoon, and that was awesome. We don't see them often enough! We squeezed eachother into busy schedules and then both left our gathering to have dinner with other friends.

That night we took the kids on the T to meet Stac, Heather, and clint downtown for his birthday dinner. After dinner--which was interesting w/ three sleepy kids--we walked by a fire station, and they had their garage doors open and the guys were out front. So we asked if Gizmo could see their trucks. (He is so in love with fire fighters, fire trucks, books, and fire sirens. In response to all, he says, "Fire Fighter!") So, Fire Fighter Sean was so fun and kind and showed us all of the parts of the trucks and his search and rescue garb. Gizmo LOVED it--he sat in the driver's seat. Li'l Bit clung to my leg in near panic the entire time. (That's a whole other story! She's constantly on the verge of a nervous breakdown these days. She's fine; just having a hard time handling some of her emotions.) We got home late with three crazy-tired kids, and then realized we were also losing an hour for dang "Spring forward". Thus is life.
This morning we took our First Walk of the "Spring"! Oh, it was glorious to finally be in the sunshine longer than the time it takes to dart from the front door to the van. Other than that I spent the whole day cooking clint's homemade birthday dinner, which I loved. I just love cooking; and even more, I love cooking for people I love! Well, to my dismay, right at four o'clock when I was in the middle of shaping Aunt Suzie's Dinner Rolls and everyone was showing up, I got a dad-gum migraine again. Sometimes I think I should just wean the poor Ladybug and let my body finally get back to normal. But then I nurse her and realize that 1) it's the sweetest thing in the world, and 2) what if she's the last baby I'll ever nurse? So, anyway, I laid down all through church whilst Kc took care of the kids and Stacey finished preparing dinner. I was so thankful for them--and the ten other people here I could have asked to help. They're awesome.
And, now I'm the idiot with a migraine posting on her blog at 11:15 when I should be asleep! Asleep I go!
it's okay...i'm the idiot posting my blog at 4am when i should be sleeping.
ReplyDeleteSo neat about the firetruck "viewing". I was just telling Poppy's girls LAST NIGHT about when I was there--sirens were wailing and Li'l Bit said "police car" and Gizmo said "fire truck" and she repeated "police car" and he SHOUTED "FIIIRRETRUUCK". It was so funny and cute.
ReplyDeleteLove the site! Makes me want to consider changing. :)
ReplyDeleteLadybug was not the last, dear mother. And I have regained control of my emotions. I have had control for quite a while now. XD.
ReplyDeleteluv ya ma
-l'il bit
Delete